Are your organization's salaries competitive? Does your Board know what to pay your new Executive Director? MNA partners with Columbia Books/Association Trends each even-numbered year to provide free or discounted current wage and benefit data to Montana's nonprofit employers. The biennial Nonprofit Wage & Benefit Survey Report is one of MNA's most requested products. Your participation is the key to an excellent publication.
MNA members who participate in the survey are eligible to receive a FREE copy of the Montana report. Members who do not participate in the survey and want to purchase the final report save 50% - email us at [email protected] for the discount code.
Nonprofits who are not members of MNA are also encouraged to participate in the survey. Non-members who participate receive a 50% discount on the purchase of the final report. Non-members who do not participate can purchase the report for the full cost of $150, more than the cost of dues for most members. (Find out about becoming an MNA member here.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I receive a copy of the most recent survey?
Contact us to find out if your organization is eligible for a free or discounted copy or purchase the report here.
- When is the survey open?
The survey opens in April of even-numbered years and is announced via our eNews. Sign up here to receive notices.
- How long will it take?
The survey takes most organizations about 30 minutes - a small investment for a $150 savings.
- When is the final report available?
The report is available late summer after the survey.
- What will the final report include?
• Hard data to use to analyze your nonprofits’ salary structure.
• Specific market salary information for over 100 positions.
• Easy-to-read charts include median salaries, average salaries and more.
• Salary differences by region, budget, and staff size.
• All-new enhanced benefits section.
- Who fills out the survey?
Primarily HR or finance executives at associations and nonprofits, but if you don’t have a dedicated HR or finance staff person, your executive director would be the most appropriate person to complete the survey.
- Is it secure?
Absolutely. The user interface is encrypted.
- Why participate?
• It’s fast, easy, and FREE.
• Clear job descriptions make matching your positions simple and straightforward.
• The survey is specific to nonprofits like yours.
• You can compare your organization’s staff salary levels to those of similar organizations.
• The more participants, the better the data. High participation produces robust results, benefiting both nonprofits and those seeking to work in the nonprofit sector in our state.
• The results will help you and your organization set fair and competitive compensation – the key to hiring and maintaining valuable employees.
For general information about any of MNA's programs, contact us.