Leadership Development for Nonprofit Professionals
Invest in yourself, your organization, and the nonprofit sector this year. Connect with your peers, challenge your leadership skills, and build a better future for Montana. MNA Catalyst paves the way for a robust and resilient nonprofit sector in Montana through leadership development. With a combination of dynamic and skilled content experts, thoughtful curriculum design, and opportunities to connect with peers and facilitators, MNA Catalyst bolsters the skill sets, deepens the confidence, and broadens the perspective of both experienced and emerging leaders in the nonprofit sector. Focusing on individual development, organizational leadership, and sector-wide influence and collaboration, MNA Catalyst is a robust program that will help shape and sustain the future of Montana’s nonprofit sector through leadership development.
Applications Now Open
To be considered for this program, we invite you to complete the application before December 5th. Applicants will be notified by December 17th. This program has limited space and a competitive application process. Please submit a complete application as early as possible.
Extraordinary impact occurs when nonprofit leaders:
- Leverage individual leadership styles and strengths using emotional intelligence.
- Move intentionally between management and leadership roles.
- Lead the board and community toward generative work.
- Practice and encourage authenticity, vulnerability, and risk taking.
- Cultivate a network and community that is trusting, supportive, and mutually accountable.
- Prioritize inclusive and equitable approaches and outcomes for diverse communities.
What You’ll Learn
Throughout the Catalyst experience, participants will be invited to:
- Deepen your knowledge of the pivotal and multi-faceted role of leadership in organizational and community well-being
- Discover a new understanding of your personal strengths and challenges as a leader
- Gain tools and skills to increase your effectiveness as an organizational leader
- Establish yourself as a nonprofit leader in in your local and statewide community
This program is built on our Nonprofit Leadership Fundamentals. Participants will be introduced to these fundamentals, explore them within the cohort, and be prepared to practice and master them throughout and after the program.
This program consists of the following:
- 5 hours of pre-work completed before May 2022
- In Person Immersion May 18th –20th | Location TBA
- Peer Learning Cohorts, Monthly, June – September, 2 hours, Time TBA
- 1:1 Time with facilitators to advance your goals between May – September
- Final In Person Meeting September 26th | Location TBA
Content will be delivered in person and via Zoom. Resources, recordings, and additional exercises will be accessed through an online platform management system. All in person meetings will be evaluated in light of safety conditions during projected times.
This program has been developed for executive directors or CEO’s in the nonprofit sector in Montana. Other applicants may also find value in this program but admission priority will be given to current ED’s and CEO’s in Montana.
Program available only to MNA Members. Participation fee includes all program and curriculum costs including initial self-assessment, monthly programming, three-day immersive workshop and final meeting. Fees do not include lodging and transportation. Participants will also receive 50% off our All Access Pass for 2022, allowing free registration to all virtual MNA trainings for your whole organization.
MNA is currently working to establish a scholarship fund for this program, but we do not have current scholarship availability. However, you may be eligible to apply for Incumbent Worker Training. assistance through the state.
Interested in supporting leadership development in Montana? Join our Catalyst Circle of Support. Become a sponsor, with opportunities starting at $1,000 up to $5,000. Sponsors gain the opportunity to share their message and brand with the Catalyst audience and beyond while helping sustain leadership programming for Montana nonprofit professionals. Learn more or contact [email protected] for more info. We look forward to partnering with you!
Are you interested in paving the way for participants? Catalyst requires participants to invest their time and energy. Your donation to our scholarship fund will allow participants to focus on their learning, growth, and building a better future for Montana. You may make a gift right now by donating online and selecting “Catalyst Scholarships” as your campaign choice. Donors will be recognized on this page and in communications announcing our 2021 Cohort.